Assistant Property Maintenance Manager required for a fantastic contract based in Ilford
- Reporting directly to the Property Maintenance Manager, the post holder will play a prominent role in the provision of hard FM services across the Council's property portfolio with a particular focus on the operational estate and any third party's properties who have purchased a service from the Council.
- The post holder will lead the specification, procurement and management of all building, mechanical and electrical engineering services required to maintain and operate the Council's estate as well as advising on the same areas in respect of capital programmes.
- Direct responsibility for the management of all staff (5FTE), contractors and consultants within the team, setting targets, monitoring performance and taking corrective action as required;
- Direct responsibility for the management and monitoring of all hard facilities management contracts and budgets (c.£2.8m per annum) to ensure that the service delivers consistently within budget and meets all savings/income targets;
- Working with the Head of Property and Corporate Facilities Manager to develop the direction for the service through developing and championing a broad service plan and creating a high performance environment where staff are empowered to secure its effective delivery; and
- Explore and, where possible, develop opportunities for the Council to sell property services to partners and third parties (i.e. schools, Vision, health partners etc).
- Degree in relevant subject
- Membership of relevant professional body (i.e. BIFM or RICS) in a relevant area
- Project Management Qualification, i.e. PRINCE2
- Ideally electrical background would be an advantage and someone who is used to managing hard services contracts
- Full UK Driving License and use of a suitable vehicle to attend meetings around the Borough
- Locum Contract
- 3 Months +
- £24-26 per hour (Umbrella)
- 19th October Start
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email