Akton Recruitment are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for an assistant residential manager. The position is initially for 3 months and is currently paying £16PH regular pay rate.
- Accountable to the Unit Manager.
- To assist in providing leadership to staff to recruit, motivate and develop staff employed within the service areas managed with the aim of achieving high quality service delivery.
- To assist in providing advice, guidance and support to staff managed, to ensure that Social Services practice reflects the highest standards.
- To assist in establishing and reviewing systems to allocate, monitor and review resource allocation in order that the priority needs of the service are met.
- To assist in the management of staff in the general care of residents and the home, giving advice and support where necessary.
- Set and review standards of care in liaison with other senior staff and problems on matters arising concerning staff and residents.
- Assist with induction programmes, in-house training programmes and staff supervision and development.
- To assist in ensuring the potential capacities of each person living in the home are recognised and the opportunities, encouragement and support are provided whereby these may be realised.
- To assist in ensuring where possible appropriate links are fostered with relatives and friends of each resident.
- To assist in promoting emotional and social growth in each resident recognising and fostering areas of strength and strengthening areas of weakness.
- Arrange duty rotas of staff in co-operation with the Manager ensuring the home is adequately covered at all times.
- Assume shared responsibility for the safe keeping of drugs and medicines and administering within the agreed policy.
- Maintain statutory and Local Authority records to meet the requirements of Registration and Inspections and departmental policies and procedures.
- To chair and participate in Care Management meetings and ensure the progress of residents is regularly reviewed and reports for meetings are prepared.
- To convene and chair regular staff meetings and attend other meetings as required.
- Enhanced DBS
- Experience in a similar position