JOB TITLE: Assistant Lawyer – Housing
Akton Recruitment are seeking to employ an Assistant Lawyer / Legal Assistant for a client in Brixton with prior experience with Housing Litigation.
The purpose of the role is to provide high quality and comprehensive legal advice within Housing and Housing litigation particularly disrepair cases and who can deal with a large caseload with cases at all different stages. You will also be expected to work with minimum supervision and can quickly and efficiently, successfully resolve cases.
- To undertake litigious cases where appropriate.
- To work effectively with other colleagues and team members in respect of complex work or projects, including the provision of training on legal issues to internal and external persons or agencies.
- To undertake legal research where necessary and in particular with respect to new legislation
- To be responsible for preparing reports for and attending committees, working parties and other meetings where legal advice is required.
- To utilise the legal case management system and assist in the implementation of any new information technology or other systems that may be necessary for the efficient working of the team/department.
For further information contact Matt on: 01772 428186