£11 - £12.23 per hour
0161 233 0034
8 months ago
29 Oct 00:00
The Housing Officer will support senior staff in providing resident led neighbourhood services; maintaining a high quality physical environment and a resident focussed customer friendly service.
Allocated tasks may include the following.
1. Estate inspections; identifying issues and pursuing actions within Council procedures
2. Responding to tenants’ (or prospective tenants’) enquiries including lettings, applications, rents, repairs, neighbour complaints, etc. At a level which uses knowledge of housing management functions and regulations.
3. General administration relating to tenants’ meetings, interviews, and property viewing.
4 A comprehensive tenancy and leasehold management and enforcement service, participating in the consistent and forceful application of Southwark’s policies and procedures to ensure residents are able to live in an enjoyable environment.
5. Providing support on the management on void properties.
6. Work with vulnerable residents to ensure their needs are met through the housing service and to provide a signposting service for residents with additional support needs to partner departments within the council and agencies outside of the council.
7. As required, participating in:-
· Income collection functions, &/or
· Resident involvement activities. &/or
· Monitoring contract compliance of those undertaking services to estates.&/or
· Preparing technical specifications for planned maintenance programme.
8. Maintaining housing related databases; produce reports and statistics related to the functions allocated.
1. Understand current issues affecting local authority and social housing.
2. Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulation.
3. Knowledge of equality and diversity issues.
4. Knowledge of health and safety practices.
5. Knowledge of tenancy and leasehold management principles.
· In a customer facing role, ideally in a social housing
If you would like to apply for this position please send a CV or call 01772 428186 and ask for Jordan for more details.