The purpose of this role is to provide routine advice and support on operational health and safety issues for schools where health and safety procedures are clearly established. Under the overall management of the Schools HR Team Manager and the general direction of the Schools Health & Safety Officer, the post holder will be required to support specific areas of work to assist in ensuring the service offer is met. For example, statutory accident reporting, assisting with the delivery of training, and maintaining and updating the Health and Safety internet site. The post holder will also provide general administrative support to the Health & Safety function.
The post holder provides routine technical advice and is the main point of customer contact in terms of telephone helpline access. .
- Providing Health and Safety advice, support and guidance on a range of issues.
- Developing and maintaining a high quality and customer service driven service delivery.
- Undertaking annual visits to schools to rate their H&S compliance.
- Responsibility for updating the H&S website to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, as well as creating quarterly H&S newsletters to be issued to schools.
- Responsibility for developing an annual training plan to deliver H&S training to schools and the appropriate costing model.
- Monitoring of the H&S budget.
- Monitoring of accidents reported via SOFIE.
- Responsibility for providing accident statistics and related data and responding to FOI requests.
- Undertaking project work as required, including the development of policies and procedures.
- Supporting schools with accident/incident investigation (where needed).
- Experience of delivering H&S within a complex organisation
- NEBOSH (General Certification) or an equivalent qualification and significant relevant experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of policies and legislation in relation to health and safety in an organisation.
- The ability to apply sound technical advice and expertise to the school context.
- The ability to communicate with employees, managers, Headteachers and Governors at all levels, including the delivery of training or providing information in an understandable way to the non-specialist.
- Strong influencing and persuading skills and the ability to build and maintain good customer relationships.
- Good report writing, analytic and numerical skills, good record keeping and the ability to make sound judgements
- The ability to interpret complex data and to provide solutions to problems and good IT skills (the ability to use databases and Microsoft Office).
- The ability to cope with the pressure of high work volumes over short periods of time to deliver a quality service within agreed standards.
- Locum Contract
- 3 Months
- ASAP start available
If interested in this contract please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org