Assistant Clerk of Work required for a fantastic contract based in Cardiff
- Review architect's drawings and specifications to assess technical content and compliance with Vale of Glamorgan's Design Guide and Technical Brief.
- Inspect properties at all key stages of construction.
- Make regular site visits to projects under construction as appropriate, with regular weekly site inspections in addition as required.
- Monitor and report on all aspects of Health & Safety on site in line with current legislation
- Provide weekly reports to the Housing Development Team, Lead Consultant and Employers Agent, recording progress of labour on site, materials on site, weather conditions, welfare facilities and any Health & Safety incidents on site for each project under construction.
- Liaise regularly with the Housing Development Team, regarding progress of work on site and any issues impacting on costs, quality or programme.
- Monitor the quality of materials and workmanship to ensure compliance with specifications, drawings and conditions of contract.
- Provide instruction to contractors as approved by the architect or employer's agent
- Attend and contribute to site meetings and other contract meetings as required for each site project under construction.
- Make photographic records of works for inclusion in specific Clerk of Works reports.
- Handovers - provide reports to the Housing Development Team, with detailed snagging lists and progress with back checking snagging and the impact on proposed handover dates.
- Liaise with the Housing Development Team to arrange end of year defects inspections and report the findings.
- Provide feedback and input into Vale of Glamorgan's Design Guide and Technical Brief.
- To implement the principles of the Council's Equal Opportunity Policy whilst carrying out the above duties
- To adhere to Health and Safety legislation / relevant Council policies and procedures and to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be adversely affected by your acts / omissions.
- To implement the principles of the Council's Environment Policy while carrying out the above duties.
- To report without delay any safeguarding concerns to the appropriate safeguarding officer.
- Such other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade and in accordance with the general character of the job as may reasonably be required by the Chief Officer from time to time
- Previous experience in a Clerk of Works or similar role supporting the development function for a Local Authority or Housing Association
- Proven experience of working on construction projects of various sizes
- Experience of working successfully with a range of site based and professional contacts
- Understanding of construction legislative framework surrounding the role
- Good working knowledge of building technology and contemporary regulations
- NVQ3/HNC in construction or compliance related studies, or equivalent substantial experience
- Temp Contract
- Council Based Work
- £17 per hour
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or