Asset Surveyor required for a permanent position in Enfield
- Using a handheld device carry out Stock Condition Surveys and Energy performance Certificate Surveys to support the intelligence lead approach to housing asset management and investment.
- Using a handheld device carry out Health and Safety asset audits for works detailed in the Compliance Surveys.
- Produce Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) plans for capital investment purposes including life cycles and forward capital cost plans including new build handed over from the Regeneration Team.
- Update information gathered onto the Apex Asset Management System ensuring accuracy of condition data and compliance.
- Work with the rest of the Asset Team, Housing Management, Building Safety & Compliance team, Regeneration, Repairs and Planned Maintenance Teams to develop a wider knowledge of the stock and the ability to identify, prioritise and programme Stock Condition Surveys, feasibility studies and or options appraisals that support future priorities and the delivery of longer-term investment needs.
- Prepare viability and options appraisal reports based on asset information gathered identifying and promoting environmental sustainability investment opportunities including the decarbonisation strategy and the use of new technologies to promote sustainability and energy efficiency improvements including opportunities for greening and social value projects.
- To carry out ad-hoc requests for surveys or advice in response to either Council Officer, Member or resident queries or complaints and preparing reports where required.
- Identify specific estates or properties for further option appraisal and additional investment.
- To provide a customer focused service which meets the agreed standards and targets. This will involve working in partnership with a wide range of internal and external customers and stakeholders, to deliver an improving service.
- Manage and support third party install access requests including contractor monitoring.
- Where appropriate to represent Enfield Council in an official capacity and to ensure this is in professional and courteous manner.
- As a regular and intrinsic part of this role requires you to speak to members of the public in English, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post. This role also requires you to be polite and courteous when conversing with the public.
- A relevant Building Surveying qualification such as HND or equivalent with experience of undertaking stock condition surveys including HHSRS and RdSAP Energy information in Social Housing sector.
- A relevant Accredited Assessor qualification such as City and Guilds Level 3 in Energy Assessment with experience of using relevant software to produce Energy Performance Certificates.
- Knowledge of asset databases and hand-held technologies for Stock Surveying.
- Experience of diagnosing disrepair and building defects and specified works required.
- Ability to conduct detailed investigations, analyse and evaluate a broad range of data and identify potential changes to the service and works programmes and prepare reports such as but not limited to viability, options appraisal, etc
- Knowledge of existing and emerging H&S and Building Safety legislation relevant to Housing
- Knowledge and experience of undertaking HHRS assessments
- Permanent Contract
- Based in Enfield
- £34,884.00 - £37,722.00
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email