Asset Surveyor required for a fantastic contract based in Wirral
Responsible for a sector of the Council's building programme requiring considerable initiative, experience and project management ability. Responsible for specification, quality assurance, programme delivery, audit and procurement matters.
- Responsible for undertaking investigations, inspections and surveys of Council properties and preparation of detailed condition surveys of individual buildings.
- Responsible for programme delivery and the administration of contracts to their completion.
- Responsible for following procurement processes that meet the Council's Contract Procedure rules.
- Responsible for providing advice to schools and building managers in respect of building maintenance and building projects, with particular attention to responsibilities of schools under their delegated funding requirements.
- Work with school heads and governing bodies in relation to specific school building projects and general building maintenance issues.
- Work with client departments at senior management level in relation to the preparation of briefs for building projects.
- Ensure that they are up to date with regards to relevant legislation regulations and guidance and these are interpreted and applied to Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure that there is an auditable record of decisions made and events including time lines in relation to each programme.
- Issue of instructions to consultants, contractors and technical staff, co-ordination of associated professional disciplines.
- Ensure Health & Safety law and guidance, including safe ways of working, is followed at all times.
- Responsible for the preparation of reports, cost estimates, undertaking correspondence, conducting meetings, maintaining records and information, supplying advice and attending meetings associated with the operations of the service area.
- Responsible for the preparation of orders on the Concerto system for repair and maintenance works utilising the Council's Schedule of Rates and supervision of the execution of such work as may be required by senior officers.
- HNC/HND Building Surveying or equivalent
- Considerable initiative, experience and design and management ability.
- Extensive knowledge of planning and building regulations.
- Professional Construction qualification MRICS, CIOB (Desirable)
- Council based experience (Desirable)
- Temp Contract (3 Month Rolling)
- £25-£30 per hour (Paid via Umbrella Company)
- Looking to start ASAP
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email