Area Housing Officer
Akton has an opening for a Area Housing Officer
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Deputise for the Tenancy and Estates Manager (H7) in the postholder's absence, on a patch basis.
2. Ensure day to day supervision of the Housing Assistant and Estate Caretaker in your designated area.
3. Ensure by investigation, negotiation and enforcement that tenants comply with their conditions of tenancy, particularly with regard to nuisance and anti-social behaviour.
4. Offer day to day money management advice to ensure Rent accounts are kept up to date and ensure that tenancies are sustained.
5. Perform New Tenancy and annual Tenancy visits.
6. Prepare witness statements and collate information for possession hearings at Court and to attend Court as necessary.
7. Help prepare and serve Notices of Seeking Possession and Notices to Quit as necessary.
8. Represent the department in meetings, concerning antisocial behaviour and similar issues, with other sections, Directorates and outside agencies.
9. Interview customers at any of the Council's offices and in their home on all aspects of their tenancies which includes Allocations, Housing Management matters and the landlord and tenant relationship.
10. Complete Home inspections for tenants requesting a transfer/mutual exchange.
11. Complete inspection of void properties as and when required.
12. Follow and comply with the procedures in place for the department on all housing and related matters.
13. Provide appropriate advice in respect of all tenures, on such matters as the creation and determination of tenancies and rights of occupation.
14. Liaise with other Sections, Directorate's and outside agencies, where necessary.
15. Attend meetings of Tenant and Resident Groups when required including meetings out of office hours.
16. Keep clear and concise file notes of all contact with customers and provide clear and concise written reports and chronologies for other officers when requested.
17. Carry out verification visits for Housing Applications and Transfer Applications as and when required.
18. Attend evictions when required.
19. Maintain accurate records and statistics in relation to the work of the section.
20. Assist with the control/monitoring of the section's budgets.
21. Carry out any other duties that are within the scope and grading of the post which could also be requested by the line manager or Head of Service.
Up to £25.00 per hour
12 days ago
Area Housing Officer