Architectural Technologist required for a fantastic contract based in South Shields
To ensure that high standards of quality control are maintained on contracts and to assist with the delivery of a customer focussed Architectural Design Service and to provide efficient design services on minor projects to the Council and other clients adhering to all current legislation with close scrutiny on CDM issues.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of architectural design on a project basis, you will:
- Demonstrate a strong client focus, whilst complying with performance targets.
- Act as lead consultant.
- You will ensure your work maintains technical excellence and a customer focussed approach, you will:
- Manage your workload effectively, whilst playing a key role in the operation of quality assurance.
- Be a team player, whilst recognising the importance of teamwork and helping colleagues across the Department, when asked to do so.
- You will be required to undertake operational and project based work associated with the Team's expertise in Architectural Design Services, you will:
- Provide design, drawings, specifications and information from inception to completion.
- Co-ordinate any team members required, relative to the size of the project and maintain adequate files and records.
- Prepare reports and deputise for the Construction and Technical Services Manager when required to do so.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of best practice advice and making a corporate contribution, you will:
- Advise on current standards, legislation and new developments in the Team's field of responsibility and apply the knowledge of best practice effectively.
- Understand how your role fits into the bigger picture whilst relating your work, where necessary, to Members and people of the Borough
- HNC in Architectural Technology or equivalent
- At least 3 year experience in an Architectural role
- Good design knowledge and ability
- Good construction knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to use a range of IT packages e.g. Auto CAD and MS Office applications
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- 3 Months + Contract
- £21.19 per hour (Paid via Umbrella Company)
- Based in South Shields
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email