Architectural Technician required for a fantastic contract based in Grimsby
The role will focus on the following requirements:
- To provide design and technical support to building construction projects. Design of projects through site visits and the development of specifications, and detail design drawings using Auto CAD/2D & ideally Revit 3D packages.
- To assist with providing technical advice and guidance on building construction projects.
- To assist with developing specifications and any other technical information to contribute to the delivery and procurement of projects.
- To ensure all technical information provided is accurate to legislative standards, ACoPs and best practice.
- To assist with the issuing of works orders ensuring compliance with legislative, contractual and workmanship requirements including the briefing and commissioning of all consultants and clients.
- To assist with preparing option appraisals, feasibility studies, estimates and technical reports as required. Ensuring that value is added to the work of the Technical Design Team through innovation and creativity. Advising Clients and Service Managers on options and recommendations.
- To assist with directing and monitoring works to include contract variations, project costs and final accounts as appropriate. To assist with evaluating and determining appropriate actions where problems occur and reporting these to the client.
- To operate within the policies, systems and business plans of the Technical Design Team and ENGIE
- To deliver all works in compliance with ENGIE Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) standards and in line with ISO 18001 (Health & Safety), 14001 (Environmental) & ISO 9001 (Quality).
- Experience and qualification in AutoCAD 2D software. * Ideally Experience and qualification in AutoDesk Revit software.
- IT skills and experience of working with database systems are essential in ensuring an effective service.
- An understanding of relevant legislation and regulations is essential.
- Numeracy, communication and presentation skills are essential, with experience of using Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience of design and specification in refurbishment and new build construction projects.
- Experience of preparing and submitting Building Regulations and Planning applications is essential.
- Experience of CDM Regulations 2015 is essential.
- HND Building Technology or a related qualification with supported experience is desirable.
- 3 Months + Ongoing
- £25 per hour
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email