Role – Estimator
Job Type – Permanent
Benefits – Excellent Benefits
MUST HAVE 3 YEARS Architectural STEEL EXPERIENCE
Are you a highly skilled and experienced Estimator, with main contractor experience, looking to join a Senior Team?
Akton is delighted to be working with a new client, who are currently recruiting an Estimator for the Head Office. The successful candidate will be working projects from £500,000 to £4 million.
What will you be doing as an Estimator?
- Accurate interpretation of drawings and technical specifications
- Undertaking Take-Offs
- Pricing a diverse range of trades from first principles
- Sub-contract tender analysis
- Attending pre-tender interviews and post tender presentations
- Developing Client and Consultant relations
- Reviewing the status of tenders and department workload with the Chief Estimator
- Mentoring and developing junior members of the team
- BSc/HNC in Building Studies or similar would be advantageous not a necessity
- Chartership to MCIOB or RICS would be advantageous not a necessity
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within an Estimating role
- 2 years Steel is a MUST applicant without this will not be moved forward.
- A proven background in successfully delivering a wide range of tenders
- Experience of various construction methods
- The ability to communicate confidently with external and internal teams
- The ability to present plans clearly and accurately
- Experience of value engineering and finding practical solutions to overcome barriers
- Literate in Microsoft Excel and Word
if you would like to send you CV directly to me please send to firstname.lastname@example.org