My client is a leading provider in luxury student accommodation. We are looking to add an Architectural Assistant/Technologist to the team where you will be based at the Head Quarters in Coventry City Centre. This role would be suited to someone who is currently working as an Architectural Assistant/Technologist or similar and is looking for that next step in their career and is keen to develop.
- Creating and developing designs using Revit and occasionally AutoCAD.
- Working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget.
- Preparing and submitting planning applications.
- Implementation of most current UK building standards.
- Assisting the Design team on all aspects of the design process, from feasibility study to final design. including scheduling, details and quantities.
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction.
- Making sure the project is running according to schedule.
- Identify clashes at design stages and efficiently solve problems.
- Occasionally travelling to prospective projects and building sites.
- Assist in Resolving problems and issues that may arise during construction.
- Experience of using REVIT software (a minimum of 2 years of experience is required - you must be part 2 qualified)
- Experience with Preparing and submitting Planning Applications
- Experience with most current Building Regulations
- Experience with Multi – Occupancy, preferably Student Accommodation building design and construction
- Professional and confident telephone manner
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to execute tasks in a time efficient manner
- Competent in the use of different design packages including Photoshop, Revit and AutoCAD
- Attention to detail
- Be proactive and use initiative