Architect required for a fantastic contract based in Denbigh
- The postholder will visit and survey a range of Council buildings and sites and access areas not open to the public or general building users e.g. plant rooms, service areas, ceiling voids, roof spaces, underground ducts, trenches, confined spaces, access scaffolding etc, where some moderate to high noise, cold and heat may be experienced.
- The role will also involve contact with potentially harmful materials for which protective clothing, equipment and training will be provided.
- Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities: To deliver construction projects through all stages of the Royal Institute of British Architects' Plan of Work so as to complete projects on budget, on programme, with the required content and to the required quality, in accordance with the Authority's policies and objectives and professional best practice.
- To develop briefs, carry out site and building surveys, preparation of design and working drawings, detail design, site inspections, site meetings, contract administration, and all other activities associated with construction projects.
- To co-ordinate the work of sub consultants and Design Teams including Quantity Surveyors, Mechanical, Electrical and Structural Engineers, Technical Specialists and Clerks of Works.
- To liaise with internal / external clients, contractors and other design team members including Quantity Surveyors, Mechanical, Electrical and Structural Engineers, Technical Specialists and Clerks of Works in order to develop and integrate briefs, programmes and budgets.
- To deliver contracts in accordance with the Authority's Financial Regulations and all other relevant legal, financial and professional standards and obligations.
- To co-ordinate as and when necessary the work of external consultants.
- To provide project monitoring and other information to support staff for the purposes of time / fee monitoring and performance measurement.
- To assist in team development through advice and collaborative working.
- To provide assistance in the development of agreed office procedures.
- To support were necessary the senior management team in servicing the democratic process by assisting in the preparation of reports, providing professional advice and supporting Elected Members in implementing the Service Business Plan.
- To undertake other tasks in relation to the above accountabilities as and when allocated from time to time
- Degree in Architectural Technology, Architecture or an equivalent built environment subject with a technology base
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD)
- Architectural design experience on building construction projects commensurate with current stage in professional training To meet the essential requirements of the post in terms of architectural design duties
- Detailed Working knowledge of the design process and construction industry
- Computer literacy and use of Microsoft Office, Revit, AutoCAD or similar drawing packages
- Negotiation skills Familiarity with Building Regulation
- Full valid driving Licence
- 3 Month Contract
- £26 per hour
- Council Based Role
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email