Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administration Officer to join the team of Oxfordshire Council.
Job Role: Administration Officer
MAIN PURPOSE(S) OF THE JOB:
Enable the directorate to deliver integrated, customer focused services which improve outcomes by:
- Working co-operatively, as part of a team to provide efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to staff based in specialist directorate teams who may not work from one office;
- Proactively liaising with colleagues to provide constant and consistent services, streamline practices, provide cross-service cover and help prevent excessive workload peaks.
- Developing detailed knowledge, skills and expertise in at least one designated, complex service area(s) to enable the directorate to meet statutory requirements and meet local priority needs
This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all County Safeguarding and Child/ Vulnerable Adult Protection policies are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
Office and team support
- Act as a first point of contact for the service, including enquiries which may be emotive, distressing and complex in nature; assessing the nature and urgency of the call and responding or referring to senior officers (e.g. Duty Officers, managers) as appropriate
- Process and respond promptly to incoming communications (post, telephone, fax, email, face to face), accurate message taking, copying and distributing information as necessary
- Look up information to answer complex queries, including requests for statistical information from internal and external customers. This could involve using the internet/intranet as well as internal systems.
- Produce a range of documents including letters/emails and presentations to a good standard by the required deadline
- Collect, process and input data into the County Council's information management systems and databases (e.g. Framework-I, One, Swift, SAP) ensuring accuracy and security of data and compliance with statutory requirements
6 Month Contract