* Established in 2008, we took the refurbishment sector by storm and quickly positioned itself as a market leader offering cost effective masonry remedial and heritage restoration services suitable for a wide variety of applications and requirements in the Construction Industry.
* Many years later and due to a steady, maintained upward growth within the industry we have expanded into our newly renovated head office building and we are looking for a new member to join our office management team.
* Working for a family-run sub-contractor in the North West of England the ideal candidate will be working in a multi-disciplinary team based at our flagship office building in Leigh, Greater Manchester.
* The ideal candidate will be pro-active and willing to learn and adapt to new and unique methods of working whilst upholding the company's traditional core values and practices.
The job role will consist of the following:
* Working hours: Monday to Friday (8.00am - 5.00pm).
* Assisting with the production of documents such as PQQ's, contract documents and other administrative duties.
* Ordering site materials and equipment, office, and site essentials.
* Assisting with implementing ISO's.
* Inputting data onto accounting software.
* Managing training matrix, operative's certs/cards and first aid records.
* Answering and responding to calls including HR related questions.
* Filing and scanning of documentation.
* Must be advanced on Microsoft office.
Benefits to the role
* Full time, permanent employment.
* Friendly, Family orientated work environment.
* Based in a newly renovated, flagship head office building with free secure parking. Close transport links to Manchester City Centre.
* Fuel allowance when on business travel.
* Scope for company to invest in further career development, CPD's and other up-skilling opportunities.
* Educational and financial support for further education.
* Work uniform provided.
* Frequent social nights, team building and entertainment events
* Starting Salary: £18,000-£21,000 per annum dependent on experience.
Essential Characteristics (PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED).
* Industry experience: A good skillset which can be used in the Construction Industry in a contractor facing work environment is required. The ideal candidate will have good organisation and inter-personal skills and be able to adapt to company-specific systems of working to hit the ground running as a Contractors Administration Assistant.
* Full UK Driving Licence (Clean record): The candidate will be office-based working from our newly refurbished, state of the art head office in Leigh, Greater Manchester. The candidate must have full UK clean driving license and to be able to commute daily to our head office.
* Strong IT skills: The ideal candidate will be able to operate, and problem solve using software packages such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Teams, Outlook). The ideal candidate will also be willing to learn and use company specific software packages and have the confidence and knowledge to problem solve/troubleshoot any IT issues that may arise during their working day and ask for assistance if required.
* Applicants must possess previous work experience: Applicants must have previous work experience in office management and administration. With pre-formed knowledge of how business supply chains operate in day-to-day activities. A Construction related background would be favourable but not essential.
* Sector relevant Industry experience: The ideal candidate will have pre-formed knowledge and skills familiar with the Construction Industry. Knowledge on Construction Industry supply chain procurement and the operation of day-to-day admin activities.
* Keen interest in both operational and commercial roles and responsibilities within the Construction Industry: The ideal candidate must be willing to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team within a family-run construction company. The ideal candidate will enjoy versatility and be able to work well in a highly active work environment.
£18000 - £21000 per annum
5 days ago