Oxford County Council
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an Administrator to join the Oxford City Council.
Job Role - Administrator
To work as part of an administrative team to provide high quality administrative and financial support to the Public Health team.
- To arrange, service and minute meetings. To include attending meetings as minute taker as required, preparing the agenda ensuring that supporting documents are received in a timely way to enable the papers to be circulated in advance of the meeting. Undertake and support the PH staff in the undertaking of any management actions delegated as a result of that meeting as well as liaising with relevant staff to ensure appropriate follow up actions are communicated.
- Co-ordinate and maintain diaries, arranging meetings and appointments, ensuring that commitments and competing demands are efficiently managed.
- Support the collection, processing and inputting of data into the County Council's information management systems and databases (e.g Oxfordshire Information Treatment System (OTIS)) ensuring accuracy and security of data and compliance with statutory requirements
- Process financial tasks within the team including e-procurement and receipting of goods
- Investigate variations and carry out research to provide budgetary and statistical information using available systems
- Type and prepare documents, correspondence/presentations from a variety of sources. This includes producing high quality, original letters from outline information and the use of basic spreadsheets.
- Act as a first point of contact for the team, including enquiries which may be emotive, distressing and complex in nature; assessing the nature and urgency of the call and responding or referring to senior officers as appropriate
- Carry out general administration duties e.g. filing and photocopying.
12.36 per hour (UMBRELLA RATE)
3 Month Contract