Akton Recruitment are currently working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract postion for an Administrator. This position is an ongoing contract and is currently paying £11PH.
The post holder will provide a 0.2 FTE service to support the work of the Cornwall AONB in managing the European Social Fund Monuments Matter to People Project, including monitoring key performance information requirements to ensure that the AONB team meets its deadlines in terms of information gathering and grant reporting.
- To manage, monitor and maintain the data capture for the Monuments Matter to People Project
- To support the Monumental Improvement Project Manager and Activities Officer and/or the AONB Project Development Officer in compiling evidence for ESF claims
- To liaise with any relevant stakeholders as required
- To provide comprehensive administrative support as required
- Recording and distribution of incoming post, including monitoring responses in line with relevant service standards
- To process correspondence to ensure that all matters are dealt with efficiently and within relevant timescales and deadlines
- To draft/adapt letters for sign off
- To schedule and organise informal and formal meetings, including the booking of appropriate accommodation, the preparation and circulation of agendas, to ensure they run efficiently and conform to corporate governance arrangements.
- To compile contemporaneous notes and minutes, and the follow up of any action points
- To ensure all invoices and payments are dealt with swiftly in accordance with the correct process
- To assist with the management of diaries and facilitate bookings, being fully aware of the implications of competing priorities
- To manage the scheduling of the travel and meeting commitments to ensure effective co-ordination and use of diary time
- To assist in the co-ordination of workshops, training programmes and other events as required. To pick up any follow up actions and ensure feedback is provided within an appropriate timeframe
- To communicate effectively with members of the public and colleagues in a clear and concise manner, including obtaining information from an appropriate source in response to a query and feeding back to an enquirer in an accurate and effective manner, giving particular regard to assessing the particular circumstances. To remain diplomatic and tactful when dealing with the competing and difficult issues which arise in such busy offices and also when dealing with sometimes vexatious members of the public