Akton resourcing are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for an Administrative Officer role. This is an ongoing full time contract, contracted to 37 hours per week. Hourly rate for this position is £12PH.
Enable the directorate to deliver integrated, customer focused services which improves outcomes for children, young people and families by:
- Working co-operatively, as part of a team to provide efficient and effective business administrative support to directorate teams who may not work from one office;
- Proactively liaising with colleagues to provide constant and consistent services, streamline practices, provide cross-service cover and help prevent excessive workload peaks.
- Develop knowledge, skills and expertise in at least one designated service area(s) which will be the main focus of your service delivery
This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all County Safeguarding and Child/ Vulnerable Adult Protection policies are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
- Act as a first point of contact for the service, which can include but not be limited to general enquiries and reception; answer enquiries including some of a complex nature; redirect more complex enquiries appropriately
- Process and respond promptly to incoming communications (post, telephone, fax, email, face to face), accurate message taking, copying and distributing information as necessary
- Produce a range of documents including letters/emails and presentations to a good standard by the required deadline
- Collect, process and input data into the County Council's information management/ filing systems and databases (e.g. Liquid Logic, One, ContrOCC, SAP, Child View) ensuring accuracy, confidentiality and security of data and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Co-ordinate diary management to ensure information is always accurate and up to date.
- Organise and minute meetings for individuals or groups ensuring that appointments are realistically planned regarding timing and venue; venue, catering and resources are booked appropriately; and preparing materials to support the event
- Maintain record-keeping systems for recording and monitoring service processes and provide regular summary reports to Operational Staff and Managers to ensure that relevant updates and reviews take place in a timely fashion
- Develop and maintain up to date information about the service including on the intranet, internet, stationery and internal and external publications
- Undertake general clerical and administrative tasks to support the service as required (e.g. post processes, photocopying, scanning, receiving goods and services procured)