Administration / Business Support
Akton Resoursing has an opening for a Business Support Officer in Port Talbot
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out a wide range of general and technical and operational support duties in order to support the resilience and work of EHTS.
- To undertake a range of enforcement duties including: the provision of business and technical advice (including registration and licensing of legal entities as required) informal sampling, test purchasing and service request investigation under the direction of senior officers and commensurate with the post and training.
- Primary responsibility for the EHTS social media interface and maintenance of EHTS intranet and internet websites.
- To contribute to the accurate completion of all records and registers necessary in respect of the work of the section. Including assisting in the continuity, safe-keeping and dispatch and receipt of evidence and samples and recording of intelligence, service requests and enforcement activity.
- To maintain an asset register for all equipment within the EHTS service and arrange for calibration of equipment and restocking of consumables as necessary.
- To carry out administration functions as necessary to assist in the efficient delivery of EHTS services.
- Input and provide data when required from IT systems & undertake system administration tasks associated with the Division's back office IT systems with varying degrees of support from IT.
- Abide by safe systems of working as required under the Council's health and safety at work policy.
- To contribute to the development and the achievement of the business and action plan targets.
- To maintain confidentiality in respect of all matters relating to the work of the section, with the exception of that available to the public by way of statute.
- To undertake training and development opportunities as agreed with the Team Leader, appropriate to continuous professional development, as well as to cascade training to new staff or colleagues when required.
- Ensure that services are based on equal opportunity principles and the various policies of the Council.
- In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the post holder must be prepared to undertake such additional duties which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity change the general character of level of responsibility to the post. The post holder will participate in regular performance and development reviews which will incorporate a review of the above duties and performance of the post holder.