Basingstoke and Deane Council
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Accounting Technician for the Basingstoke and Deane Council.
To provide technical support to the Accountancy Team including reconciliation of the council's overall revenue and capital budgets, production of the council's budget book and completion of government returns and support service recharges.
- To co-ordinate, update and reconcile the revenue budgets in accordance with the council's budget virement rules and corporate timetables
- To account for overheads and support service costs in accordance with codes of practice and corporate timetables.
- To assist Heads of Service, budget holders and the Accountants with the council's revenue and capital budget monitoring, estimates process and final accounts.
- To complete all government returns relating to the council's overall revenue and capital expenditure and income.
- To co-ordinate the closedown process in accordance with corporate timetables.
- To provide a control mechanism for the council's revenue and capital budgets to include:-
Co-ordinating and updating the council's budgets for approved changes
Completion of statutory government returns
Consolidating the estimate working papers and budgets in accordance with the corporate timetable
- To account for overheads and support service recharges.
- To monitor and update the closedown timetable and produce a consolidated file of working papers for the external auditors.
- To produce the council's Medium Term Financial Plan in accordance with agreed timetables.
- To co-ordinate and produce reports on budget strategy proposals from Heads of Service and Portfolio Holders for the Budget Panel.
37 hours a week
Start date - 07/09/2020
End Date- 04/12/2020