London Borough of Sutton Council
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join the team at London Borough of Sutton council.
Job role description:
The Shared Finance Service ambition is to add value, inspire success and this role is part of the Shared Finance Service (SFS) collectively responsible for delivering SFS activities to realise this ambition. The role provides support to the Financial Strategy and Financial Reporting Managers and may be required to deputise for either of these posts as required. The postholder is required to deliver and develop the Financial Reporting & Control function across Sutton and Kingston Councils, complying with statutory requirements and deadlines, balancing planned and reactive requirements and delivering subject matter expertise on all financial reporting and control requirements. The postholder will manage staff and work independently to support the Financial Strategy and Reporting function and may lead or contribute to a variety of activities throughout the financial cycle.
- Lead on the development of specific policies and procedures to contribute to the continuous improvement in own work area.
- Deliver advice and guidance on the most complex matters in own area of expertise to ensure customer needs are met.
- Liaise with customers to review service requirements and resolve problems.
- Where relevant coordinate the work of a team, either formally or as part of a project to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered.
- Manage individual projects or systems to ensure work objectives are delivered in line with agreed standards and/or statutory requirements.
- Keep up to date with changes in relevant policy and legislation to ensure delivery in own work area is effective and complies with appropriate regulations/statutory guidance.
- Provide day to day management and professional supervision to staff to ensure operational plans and activities are delivered effectively.