Broxtowe Borough Council
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join the team at the Broxtowe Council.
Job Role: Accountant
To provide support on accounting and budgetary issues and contribute to the continued functioning and improvement of the Council's accountancy processes.
- Provide financial support to designated service areas and the responsible Principal Accountant including preparation of the annual revenue budgets, budget monitoring and closedown processes.
- Completion of final accounts processes and preparation of notes to the accounts and supporting documentation.
- Completion of statistical and other (including government) returns as required, for example those covering revenue outturn and estimates and the Whole of Government Accounts.
- Preparation of monthly and year end reconciliations between financial systems.
- Assist in the review and operation of computerised financial systems and the testing and implementation of any required upgrades.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Council's financial processes, including documenting and improving the use of financial systems.
- Assist with the production of financial information for management.
- Carry out any other duties that are within the scope and grading of the post which could also be requested by the line manager or Head of Service.
3 Month Contract
£16.71 (Umbrella Rate)