Akton currently has an Accommodation Officer vacancy on the outskirts of Birmingham
To manage the temporary accommodation provision including Private Sector Leasing scheme in a
professional and effective manner and to liaise with landlords and managing agents to increase access to the
Private Rented Sector for the prevention of homelessness.
Your current duties and responsibilities are: -
1. Initiate, develop and maintain working relationships with the Private Rented Sector including estate agents,
letting agents and private landlords to source private sector accommodation
2. To develop, promote and maintain the Private Landlord offer
3. Advise landlords on all available options for letting their properties via the Council and promote the benefits of
working with the council
4. Maintain a database of all landlord enquiries and maximise the number of properties provided by landlords etc
5. Undertake visits to temporary accommodation units to advise on bidding etc and undertake an inspection of the
6. Manage the Private Sector Leasing scheme to minimise void loss, tenant damage and rent arrears
7. Manage the use of temporary accommodation ensuring that usage is kept to a minimum and move-on is
achieved at the earliest opportunity
8. Ensure that payments in respect of temporary Accommodation and PSL scheme are made in a timely manner
and financial regulations and processes are adhered to.
9. Undertake visits to clients within the PSL scheme to provide support and advice.
10. To respond to queries from clients, their advocates, councillors, MPs and the Ombudsman in a comprehensive
and timely manner, taking ownership of difficult enquiries and seeking advice from supervisors when required.
11. To participate in the delivery of activities contained in clients personal Housing Action Plan for the effective
delivery of the prevention and relief activities under the homeless Reduction Act 2017
12. To keep accurate records up to date and in a timely manner.
13. Update Personalise Housing Plans with prevention and relief activities in line with the requirement of the
Homeless Reduction Act 2017
14. Effectively monitor the use of B&B accommodation and all other forms of temporary accommodation, minimising
it use and ensuring all actions are up to date
£14.0 - £15 per hour
18 days ago