You will be working on behalf of a leading Managed Service Provider as a 2nd line engineer. This is a full time position and you will be based permanently on one of their client sites. You will manage the whole IT function of the site, including developing, maintaining, supporting and configuring the network systems, hardware and software.
The successful candidate will love working in a fast paced and challenging yet rewarding enviroment and have the ability to build strong relationships with the customers on site and the IT engineers working with them.
They are also willing to pay for additional training and qualifications.
- Respond to, diagnose and resolve ICT incidents in order to maintain / exceed contracted service levels.
- Regularly communicate with the users and wider Managed Service team to keep them updated and informed.
- Ensure spares are maintained to guarantee service availability.
- Assist in with implementing changes to the ICT provision in line with requests made by the customer through the Change Process.
- Understand the ICT solution delivered to the school and identify areas of improvement.
- Maintain accurate incident records.
- At least 2 years of previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server (2008/2012/2016) & Microsoft Exchange Server (2013/2016) & Microsoft Office
- Solid experience of Windows Active Directory & Group Policies (user profiles, printer deployment etc)
- Strong DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP & network troubleshooting skills
- Basic experience of troubleshooting Microsoft File & Exchange Servers
- Knowledge of cloud-based platforms e.g. Azure/AWS an advantage
- Knowledge of Online platforms e.g. MS Office 365/Google G-Suite
- Backup and anti-virus experience
- Knowledge of virtualisation (Hyper-V) & VMWare & Remote Desktop (VDI)
- Experience of Wi-Fi configurations & troubleshooting (RADIUS)
- MCSA/MCSE is an essential requirement
Please call Edward Croft on 0161 2330034 for more information.