- Job Reference: RL121
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Starting: ASAP
- Date Posted: 5 December 2018
- Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + Car, Discretionary Bonus, PMI, Pension, Car, Discretionary Bonus, PMI, Pension,
- Skills Required: Legal Counsel, Complex Commercial PFI/Project Arrangements, variations, Corporate, FM outsourcing, "Construction", Contracts, Intellectual Property, Employment, Data Protection, Bribery and Corruption.
Our client is seeking a legal counsel or solicitor to join their team supporting the Northern and Scottish regions of it’s healthcare and education sector
Purpose of the Job:
Their Healthcare and Education sector provides facilities management and energy services to schools and healthcare establishment. You’ll be required to provide timely and commercial legal advice, to assist in the negotiation and drafting of commercial and contractual matters such as tenders, variations and ongoing contractual matters and to deal with risk management and compliance for this sector.
- The main responsibility will be providing legal support on a broad range of complex commercial PFI/project arrangements both new bids, projects and ongoing matters such as variations;
- Providing commercial legal advice;
- Assisting in the governance of transactions at local and group level;
- Working closely with colleagues including throughout the Group and with customers and funders;
- Management of external legal resource on particular projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of relevant areas of law:
– FM outsourcing
– Intellectual Property
– Data Protection
– Bribery and Corruption.
- Exceptional drafting and negotiating skills.
- Ability to deal with risk management, governance and compliance.
- Ability to manage a sizeable workload in a fast paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the region as required.
- Comfortable with stakeholder management but also able to work with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Experience of complex project arrangements
- Experience in leading on complex transactions
- Previous in-house experience is a desirable trait however candidates who have not worked in-house will still be considered if they can demonstrate the relevant experience
- UK (or common law equivalent) qualified solicitor or barrister with 6-8 years PQE
- Other PQE will be considered if the candidate can show both relevant experience and demonstrate sound ability
- Team-spirited but also able to work independently in a fast paced environment. The company is built on progression and takes care of it’s employees providing a number of benefits so the right candidate must be aligned with their values
- Commercially astute and keen to be involved in the business.
- Resilient, self-starter, flexible and with a positive attitude able to prioritise the work effectively and conduct it with the same enthusiasm demonstrated by the current team
- Able to think on their feet to assess risk and exercise sound judgement.
- Enthusiastic about negotiation of and advising on large scale contracts.
- Able to interact with client and colleagues of varying positions
Confident and have integrity sufficient to inspire trust and respect when dealing with people, regardless of their position or level.