Sheltered Housing Officer
Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for someone to join a Local Authority Housing team as a
Manage, on a day-to-day basis, a standard sheltered housing scheme for older people
The Sheltered Housing Officer will be required when on duty to:-
- Provide a morning welfare call to residents who have requested it. Provide a weekly Intercom call to all properties.
- Liaise with agencies and families regarding residents needs.
- Create and update as required, records relating to residents medical conditions, personal details, incidents etc.
- Create and update as required, scheme records relating to building maintenance, Inventory, Log sheets etc
- Ensure daily that the scheme is safe from hazards and report any issues to scheme Supervisor. Complete Accident / Incident sheets as required.
- Check daily email account for scheme and reply promptly to any messages
- Answer telephone calls and deal with any issues that arise
- Attend Immediately, any emergency alarm, and take appropriate action (including night time response)
- Follow lone-working procedure via Central Control Room.
- Report communal repairs and repairs on behalf of residents as required and record accordingly.
- Follow fire safety regulations. Test fire alarm system weekly. Ensure that all fire documentation is accurate and up to date. Complete 6 monthly fire drill and assist with scheme fire risk assessment and Wiltshire Fire & Rescue inspections.
- Conduct weekly legionella inspection and document accordingly
- Complete monthly site tests – emergency alarm system, meter readings, fire doors etc
- Be responsible for all administration of bookings & payments for the guest flat
- Ensure COSHH regulations are adhered to and cleaning store is stocked and safely stored.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 2 years’ experience of working in a supported housing environment or other compensatory experience.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience of dealing with older people or residents with special needs. Clerical experience / accurate reporting and documentation
- First Aid at Work Certificate
- Experience of Supervising Staff
- Knowledge of Supporting People
- Experience of maintaining confidential records
- NVQ Level 3 or Supported Housing certificate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Issues
If you would like to apply for this position please send a CV or call 01772 428186 and ask for Jordan for more details.