Senior Structural Engineer – Bridges and Tunnels
£35,000 – £40,000
I’m working with a top consultancy who are now looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join their structural engineering team based within the civil engineering business of their East Grinstead office. I’m seeking candidates who are Chartered Engineers or are about to become a Chartered Engineer and have experience in the design and construction of heavy civil engineering structures. The successful candidate will lead or support project design teams in the bridges and tunnels structures discipline.
- Degree in civil engineering.
- Significant post graduate experience of the design of bridges, tunnels or other civil engineering structures in the road and/or rail sector.
- Detailed experience in one or more of the following: reinforced concrete or prestressed concrete bridges, steel bridges, cut and cover tunnels or immersed tunnels, underground station structures or large earth retaining structures.
- Experience of the application of structural analysis software such as Lusas.
- Knowledge DMRB requirements.
- Experience of operating within quality management procedures.
- Experience of Highways England or local authority design and technical approval processes.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Chartered Engineer through the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Institution of Structural Engineers.
- Experience of working with contractors on design and build projects.
- Supervising and overseeing the work of engineers and graduates.
- Taking technical ownership of activities that will include the preparation of structural design solutions for major civil engineering works at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages.
- Leading teams of graduates, engineers and technicians in preparing design solutions for civil engineering projects at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages.
- Programme, financial and technical responsibility for design services.
- Good team player within a multi-disciplinary environment who enthusiastically takes ownership of tasks, taking them through to successful completion.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure when necessary.
- Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to convey information accurately with attention to detail.
- Keen to learn and develop new and existing skills.
- Keen to progress career and take increased responsibilities.
- Willingness to support graduate structural engineers in developing their own technical skills.
- Ability to deal with clients in a friendly, efficient and effective way.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established structural engineering team within a vibrant business, and to take a prominent role within the team to work on major infrastructure projects.
On offer for the Senior Structural Engineer is up to £40,000 plus an excellent benefits package.
If you would like to be considered for this role then please contact Jason Fiori on 0161 233 0034 or send your CV to email@example.com