Road Safety Education Officer
About the role:
We are looking for a Road Safety Education Officer to assist in ensuring the Councils aim to reduce the number of road casualties is furthered through the preparation and implementation of an education, training and publicity programme.
My client is operating as a joint venture with the London Borough of Barnet and their innovative commercial model was set up in 2013 and brings together the best of public and private sector delivery.
Services include; Planning and development management, building control, land charges, environmental health, trading standards and licensing, cemetery and crematorium, highways, regeneration and strategic planning.
Their core aim is to create places where people want to invest, live, work and play and they have grown their business to provide a range of property, development and regulatory services to other local authorities and commercial organisations.
- With 700km of road and 1400km of footways, the London Borough of Barnet is the second largest of the London Boroughs.
- In 2015, the London Borough of Barnet became the most populous borough in London. This increase has been driven in part by the councils growth agenda and by the popularity of Barnet as a place to live, with high quality housing and good transport connections.
- The management, maintenance and improvement of Barnets complex and vital network is the responsibility of the Highways department.
- From construction to completion; the highways team deal with all elements of highway design and works not only for Barnet, but for other local authorities.
- The London Borough of Barnet is a vibrant, exciting and fast paced environment. It is definitely not a sleepy council.
What you will do:
- Investigate, prepare, implement and evaluate programmes to deliver Road Safety Education, Training and Publicity to target audiences.
- Formulate, monitor and control estimates and review budgets to achieve Best Value, supervise and administer contracts relating to road safety and to control any resources allocated ensuring compliance with financial regulations, standing orders and relevant legislation.
- Monitor and take necessary action to control programmes to ensure targets are achieved.
- Assist in the production of bids to secure funding for Road Safety related activities.
- Assist in introducing new methods as necessary to ensure efficient use of resources, including taking an active role in promoting best value.
- Prepare letters, technical reports, committee reports and other documents as may be required i.e. one off projects, arranging displays, exhibitions, distribution, presentation work etc.
Your experience will include:
- Experience in Road Safety Education.
- The Role is dependent upon the outcome of an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
- Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects simultaneously.
Whats in it for you?
Training and development arent optional extras: they’re part of the job. You will be motivated to perform at your peak, with your achievements being recognised and rewarded appropriately.
On offer for the successful Road Safety Education Officer is an generous basic salary, as well as a generous holiday allowance, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All offered in a professional but fun environment.
If you would like to be considered for this role then please call Jason Fiori on 0161 233 0034 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org