Health, Safety & Quality Systems Manager
Scarborough, North Yorkshire
I am currently in need of a Health, Safety & Quality Systems Manager to join a leading UK Electronics Manufacturer based in Scarborough, North Yorkshire. You will provide support and guidance to the Board and Management Team and to develop, implement and manage the Health & Safety and Quality Management Systems to ensure best practice and statutory compliance.
Main Functions & Duties
- Develop and deliver strategic plans to ensure Health, Safety & Quality is firmly embedded within the culture of the company and its employees.
- Building on the existing Health, Safety and Quality Management systems, establish and maintain effective related processes, policies and procedures.
- Provide strategic advice to the board and management on Health, Safety and Quality issues including the development of KPI’s statistics, management reviews, targets and objectives.
- Manage the investigation of all HSQ issues, accidents, incidents, and near misses, advising on and monitoring corrective actions.
- Develop a robust inspection and monitoring regime for the management of Contractors and Suppliers.
- Promote and develop Continuous Improvement techniques and practices and provide any necessary training.
Critical Success Factors
Success in this role will be judged by the following key performance indicators
- Ensure Annual Health and Safety Plans are produced and that a minimum of 90% of planned activities are completed monthly with an annual target of 95% completion.
- Ensure Annual Quality internal Audit plans are produced and that a minimum of 95% of planned audits are completed each quarter, with an annual target of 100% completion.
- Monthly and Annual Accident Statistics are recorded and that appropriate corrective actions are implemented.
- Ensure Monthly Quality KPI’s are produced and that the appropriate corrective and preventative actions are taken on issues that do not reach the required standard.
The role is based at theid head office in Hunmanby. It is a requirement of this role that you will be prepared to travel on company business locally, nationally and internationally.
Job Holders Attributes
Essential experience/skill and knowledge
- Established experience in a safety and quality capacity
- Experience in a variety of quality techniques and tools
- A proven track record of improving health, safety and quality levels within a company
- Confident IT skills with experience of a computerised ordering system and MS Office are essential
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
Useful experience/skills and knowledge
- NEBOSH Certificate or better
- Lead Auditor qualifications / experience
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please get in touch today with Ian Weng Ho on 0161 233 0034 or email a copy of your CV to email@example.com