- Job Reference: IP21-3a
- Sector: Environmental
- Date Posted: 11 February 2019
- Salary: £28000 - £45000 per annum
- Skills Required: seismology, Research, exploration, Sensors, Embedded Software, Development, electronics design, system deployment, cross platform code, GUI, embedded realtime development, Analytics, bluetooth, electronics engineer, C
£28,000 – £45,000
We are currently hiring for a number of skilled graduate Electronics Engineers with a world leading company which design and manufacture Seismic Instrumentation.
Our client designs, manufacture and installation of seismic instrumentation used in earthquake and tsunami early warning systems, volcanic activity monitoring and deep sea exploration. Due to the expansion of the business, our client is recruiting highly capable, motivated graduates to join their energetic team who can develop both products and systems.
Their Engineers are involved in all aspects of product development, often including system deployment across the globe!
Job Description –
Our client is looking for electronics engineers with an interest in embedded software development as well as electronics design, to join their team to work in an open creative environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for talented graduates to join a growing team of skilled engineers to develop the next generation of Seismic Sensor products.
You will form part of a small team to work on; cross-platform code, high-level GUI development and embedded real-time development on proprietary hardware systems.
The work will be varied and might encompass PC applications such as analytics of seismic data, Bluetooth mobile applications, driver level embedded development on seismic instruments and much more.
Candidate Profile –
You will have a degree in Electronics Engineering or related course. (Physics / Aeronautic engineering etc… As long as the course has a strong element of Electronics!)
Preferential skills and experiences:
* Post degree, with some basic digital and analog electronics design experience within a commercial environment
* Practical engineering problem-solving experience at both system and component level
* A solid understanding of engineering Maths (Laplace transforms, Fourier, Z transforms, numerical methods etc)
* Experience in C/C++ code development for applications
* We anticipate that candidates will have worked in a manufacturing environment not purely research or projects.
* It will be advantageous if candidates have worked in small-medium sized, fast-paced environments.
Due to high number of applicants for this position, only successful candidates will be contacted.