Engineer – Firmware / Software (Product)
Competitive Salary + Benefits
This role is primarily to develop software tools for integrated and cross-correlated signal sensors that are driven by advanced physics-based algorithms for complex flow diagrams.
Our client is looking for a talented candidate to join their team of scientists and engineers to develop disruptive technologies of tomographic applications with end users primarily in the gas and oil industry.
They are seeking a software/firmware (product) engineer to join their expanding team.
In this role, the production of products of the highest accuracy and durability is fundamental.
Our client has newly refurbished engineering offices and impressive R&D facilities that match their global presence. Their R&D team is primarily focussed on accelerated development and delivery of products that meet stringent industry standards.
Within this role, you will:
- Deliver appropriate analysis and simulations – validated by experiments, then interpreting and visualising results for accelerated product design and optimisation
- Write memorandums and technical reports, present the results and continue to develop inventive solutions to optimise products.
- Be an integral part of the R&D team, by sharing ideas and suggestions and providing solutions to product optimisation and development.
- Take ownership of projects where appropriate, coordinate with colleagues in other disciplines and manage budget and resource requirements to ensure project delivery.
- Be adept to PCP and project management methods such as scrum methodology leading high quality sprint meetings while motivating the team
- Show significant emotional intelligence to work with colleagues and customers
- always to satisfy changing customer’s needs, and hence the scrum
- Develop firmware for embedded systems using C/C++/python to communicate with sensors and electromechanical systems.
- Work closely with hardware/electrical engineers on PCB layout/testing and software to hardware interfaces.
- Develop the backend system to communicate with and control the embedded systems.
- Develop and design software architecture based on requirements
- You will need to be qualified to degree level or higher, preferably with post-doctoral or industrial experience.
- You will have experience of object orientated python to accelerate algorithm implementation in FPGA/ASIC systems.
- You will have experience of microcontrollers (ARM, Arduino or PIC), hardware integration and embedded computers
- You have experience with electrical engineering fundamentals, circuits, PCB design, testing, and troubleshooting
- You have experience in developing software architecture for automated systems and electromechanical components.
- Knowledge of product development is a bonus.
Please note that the salary listed on the above advertisement only acts as a guideline. The salary itself will commensurate with experience.