Principal Roads and Drainage Engineer – Consultancy
Our client is a Consultancy that has been established for over 35 years with several offices throughout the UK. They are Civil, Structural, Geotechnical and Contamination engineers who provide a single point of contact for all engineering issues associated with site purchase and development. We are looking to add a Principal Roads and Drainage Engineer to join the team in the Chorley office. They operate in the Residential and Commercial sectors.
The core purpose of the role is ensuring that best Civil engineering design practices are applied within the office and to assist the Directors with improving design services and operational efficiency. You will run a small team. In addition, maintain the existing client base as well as generate new clients and areas of work.
- The output of civil engineering work of the company including site work and report writing.
- Civil engineering services including Highways to relevant council standards, Drainage to sewers for adoption to 6 & 7th addition, and BRE digest and CIRA design guides.
- Design access statements to local design standards.
- Review of site investigations/surveys and reports relating to pavement design
- Project management including the preparation of quotations for professional services and investigations, scheduling of work for delivery on time/budget/quality.
- Development of the civil engineering section of company, including marketing and developing services within this sector and assisting development of other services provided by the company.
- Continuing Professional development of self and staff working within your field of expertise, maintaining CPD records necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
- Training and development of junior staff within the company and within the area of your own expertise
- Assisting the company directors in improving company efficiency, technical systems, specifications etc.
- Degree level and above.
- Relevant chartered status (or willing to become chartered)
- Working Knowledge of:
- Report writing
- Site investigations
- Civil engineering design
- Foundation design
- Slope stability
- AutoCad/Civils 3D
- Contract law
- Contaminated land investigation/remediation
- Highway engineering
On offer for the successful candidate is up to £50,000 depending upon experience and bonus scheme. It is a great opportunity to join a well established company with an enviable client list. There are excellent career progression opportunities right up to board level and ownership.
If you would like to be considered for this role then please call Amanda Lau on 0161 233 0034 or email your CV to email@example.com