Lead Design Engineer
CHP, Piping, Energy
- CEng Chartered Engineer status and engaged on a programme of Continual Professional Development
- A thorough working knowledge of relevant Building Regulations, CIBSE Guides, British Standards, BSRIA, IGEM and other industry authority publications.
- An appreciation and understanding of the Construction & Design Management Regulations 2015.
- An ability to size and specify major plant such as boilers, CHP engines, pumps, heat exchangers and chillers.
- Detailed knowledge of the design and configuration of boiler plant, CHP engines and chillers.
- Experience of site visits and surveys to collect data for creating designs.
- Liaison with both internal and external clients, contractors and suppliers.
- Participance in both internal and external design meetings, technical reviews, HAZID and HAZOP studies.
- Creation of Piping & instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and Engineering Schematics in 2D/3D AutoCAD
- Creation of conceptual layouts and designs for estimating and sales support in 2D/3D AutoCAD.
- An ability and willingness to manage, mentor and assist the development of Design Engineers and Graduate Engineers.
- The responsibility for attending major project kick-off meetings, leading the projects forward and briefing supporting engineers.