Quality & Health Safety Manager
£35k – £40k + Fantastic Benefits
I am currently looking for a Quality & Health Safety Manager for a busy manufacturing Specialist based in the Staffordshire area
Having responsibility for ensuring the company operates within and adheres to all relevant legislation surrounding HSE and applicable compliance procedures, you will provide accurate guidance to the company on all Quality related matters and promote a positive culture and approach.
With a proven track record in the use of Quality tools, you will have experience in managing suppliers within a manufacturing environment.
You will be involved in all safety aspects, monitoring, auditing and implementing systems and helping to achieve Health and Safety approvals and excellence across the company. Key responsibilities include: –
- Ability to undertake root cause analysis utilising Quality tools (8D, Ishikawa & 5Y)
- Analyse data & utilise KPI’s to identify improvements in all areas of HSE, customer, supplier & internal performance
- Mentor and facilitate activities through leading Kaizen teams to improve all aspects of QHSE.
- Manage the transition of suppliers towards PPAP for a successful certification/sign-off (PSW)
- Work with technical and purchasing in the setting of supplier acceptance criteria & trials
- Maintain the management systems, processes, and procedures that improve business operations in accordance with ISO 9001 & adherence to additional standards, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 & BBA
- Regularly communicate information on the QHSE Management System throughout the organisation, promoting QHSE & identifying continual process improvements
- Coordinate and facilitate internal, external & third party audits & testing as required.
- Update the CMS (Customer Management System) & identify areas of non-conformance, chairing meetings with department heads to identify root cause & corrective actions.
- Communicate with all internal stakeholders to ensure clear & factual information is provided
- Ensure all activities within the compliance calendar and calibration programme are adhered
- Complete task based risk assessments – Mechanical, CoSHH, Fire and manual handling
- Participate in new product development project teams and manage Quality toll gates
Ideally you will have the following Skills / Experience / Qualifications: –
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Member of IOSH or IIRSM – Member of IEMA (desirable)
- Extensive understanding of ISO standards
- Extensive experience of Lean operations, 5S, Kaizen, VSM
- Comprehensive understanding of health, safety and environmental management systems
- Full understanding and experience of implementing environmental legislation
- Ability to take a leading role in the implementation of systems to meet company and legislative requirements
If you are interested and would like to apply, then please send through a copy of your latest CV, together with a cover letter and reference 41787992/QHSEIRNKS77, to firstname.lastname@example.org