Senior Purchaser – Automotive Manufacturing
Upto £50k + Fantastic Benefits
I am currently looking for an experienced Senior Purchaser with extensive experience of working within a tier 1 automotive manufacturing / supply chain environment
Reporting to the VP of Purchasing, your role will be to anticipate the specific requirements for new projects (supplier technologies, geographical location and target costs), and to ensure the commodity strategy is appropriate to support the acquisition.
The role continues to select and pilot suppliers from the company’s Approved Supplier List in order to achieve Project objectives.
The main focus of the role is for you to:
- Contribute to the conception of the quotation to customer: participate in the project team from the quotation conception phase/Cost Request (CR) phase, involve expert suppliers in the early project phase. Support commercial with project cost / pricing objectives
- Ensure supplier selection from the approved supplier list: identify and consult suppliers. Negotiate or participate in supplier negotiations and the final choice of supplier.
- Direct performance follow-up during the project phase: manage suppliers, compare costs with objectives, ensure quality during the project phase, respect delivery deadlines and in particular ensure that the project phase reviews, or « gate » reviews are supported within the framework of the New Product Introduction Process (NPI).
- Manage specific mandated suppliers when requested
With a professional background gained within the Automotive supply chain arena, you will have three years plus of advanced experience in an automotive professional purchasing capacity (i.e. technical/commodity purchasing, project purchasing etc.) ideally with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Economics
It would be preferable if you also had the following experience / knowledge: –
- Supplier analysis and evaluation (i.e. quality, capacity, cost, etc.)
- Supplier bidding process and complex negotiations
- APQP and/or project management tools and methods
- Purchasing tools, negotiation methods, and business communications
- Cost improvement/containment topics and techniques
It is imperative you have continued experience within the automotive component sector supplying into OEM & tier companies, whilst demonstrating the ability to maintain and improve existing work practices and procedures – including Environmental (ISO14001) & Quality (TS16949) systems together with customers specifics
If you are interested and would like to apply, then please send through a copy of your most up-to-date CV, together with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and reference 41787950/APGRSKM27, to firstname.lastname@example.org